Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Off to St. Kitts for a Vacay!


I have a friendly blogstalker that reads my stay-at-home-momma drama all the way from St. Kitts in the West Indies. She wrote to me and told me my blog "makes her day." Wow. And she wants Flat Stanley to come for a visit there . . . (insert crazed shrieks of delight) . . . in St. Kitts!!!!!


This is just perfect. Those of you (that actually know me in real life) know I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Caribbean. Here is a list of the islands I've visited: St. Thomas, St. Martin, St. John, Tortola, Virgin Gorda, Martinique, Antigua, Grand Cayman, Puerto Rico, and Jamaica, Great Stirrup Cay. You could call it an obsession but I love everything about the islands . . . the beaches, the blue water, the coral reefs, snorkeling, Caribbean line dancing, touring plantations, jerk chicken, the shopping, etc. etc. etc.
Just thinking about the Caribbean got me all nostalgic. I scanned this picture of the most beautiful place I've ever been . . .


This is Trunk Bay on the island of St. John. Hands down - the most idyllic place on earth. I love the way the horizon is cluttered with island after island as far as the eye can see. The little island in the center has an underwater snorkeling trail and the most colorful coral I've seen anywhere in the Caribbean. Isn't it fitting "my Paradise" can be found on the island of St. John? I've visited this spot THREE times. It is the most beautiful place I have ever been.

I've never been to St. Kitts. Can't wait to see the pics of darling Flat Stanley visiting! After a little vacay in the islands, he'll be off the Utah. I love my blogstalkers!

Stay tuned for pics of my little folded friend living it up in the West Indies!

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Wow, that's awesome! I've never been to the Caribbean. Really, I've never been anywhere. Boo.

Erin said...

How exciting! I wish I could be in Flat Stanley's suitcase.

Schwartz Family said...

Wow That is very cool. I envy flat stanley, nothing beats the caribbean.

I have to agree the Trunk bay is amazing!

Schwartz Family said...

P.S. I look forward to meeting Stanley!