Monday, December 1, 2008

A Tale of Two Thanksgivings

Thanksgiving - Part One


Travel to Dayton, Ohio to visit with the normal side of the family. aka "The Kellers"
We had a wonderful time, but you'll have to take my word for it. (camera battery died)

Memorable moment - Bragging to John's brother Jim about Megan's superior intelligence, then lovingly gazing in her direction as she says, "Mommy, I'm pooping. *grunt* It stinks. Yucky poopy mommy." Perfect timing, Megan. Thank you.

Thanksgiving - Part Two
The Next Day

Visit with the other side of the family. aka MY SIDE
We put the FUN in dysfunctional, that is for sure.

First thing Nana said to me . . . "Are you pregnant yet?"
Seriously. Some people might say "Happy Thanksgiving" in such a circumstance.

Then we celebrated my niece Austyn's birthday . . .
My cake/cookies didn't wow the crowd this time.

I did what I could . . .
I was a little short on time since I had to travel the day before.

Happy 7th Birthday ! ! !
All the grandkids

Austyn teaching my two year old to play the Nintendo DS.
See Jim, I told you she's a genius.

Most adorable pic of the day!
Thank you, God for my family . . .



Then Megan did this . . .

Oops.


And John did this . . .


And then we went home before anything else got broken.

Happy Thanksgiving 2008 to You!

8 comments:

Schwartz Family said...

Your cake is adorable! Minus the things getting broken it looks like it was a good thanksgiving for you! The pictures of your family are beautiful. I am more appreciative of my family this year. Life is so precious and can be taken so easily.

Kaycee said...

Hi there! Your blog is so cute.
I think your cupcakes and cookies were FAB!! The pic of you and your daughter is precious too :)

Erin said...

I'm so sorry for the broken stuff. And I'd better not be getting the pregnancy question at Christmastime or I might just turn around and go back home!

Kristina P. said...

What do you mean they didn't wow the crowd?!?!? That cake is awesome!

Looks like a fun time! Don't tell your Nana we've been married 5 years and have no kids.

Shelley said...

I think the cake is really cute! I always dread taking the kids anywhere that's not babyproofed. My 3 year old leaves a path of destruction in his wake wherever he goes!

Mary said...

Your nana is hysterical. That's always fun when your kids and husband break stuff at your mother's house on the same day. Yikes. Did you hear on the Grandits grapevine how Nina said to Mike (while eating Christmas dinner) "Gee, Mike, you sure have gained weight." ....yeah, as he was shoveling in some ham. Family is great.

Spike said...

The cake was horrible, and wasn't your best work. Why is everyone so nice to you here, no wonder you like blogging so much!! And you couldn't even include pics of the of me from turkey day? Not telling the complete story, and i got dressed up and everything!! Other than that, you guys breaking stuff was great, kept the heat of me and my kids for once!!

Kate said...

I do have to say everytime i read our bro's comment - I laugh! The heat was taken off of them!!!! I'm just glad Colin didn't bite Megan :)