Thursday, August 7, 2008

Bucket List

Do you have a bucket list? You know, a list of things you would like to do before you "kick the bucket?" I didn't see the movie but I think it is a great concept. Make a list of all the things you want to do and experience someday. Then hold yourself to the list, check it often, and make sure you're crossing things off. Throw yourself completely into life . . .

I've been keeping a list like this for some time now, only recently writing it down (in no particular order.) I've just made plans to cross off one more thing. See if you can guess what it is.

1. See an erupting volcano.

2. Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef.

3. Cruise the Nile River and see the pyramids at Giza.

4. Visit the Palace of Versailles.

*5. Experience childbirth (ouch) . . . next time, perhaps, without the double chin





';










6. Ride in a hot air balloon.

7. See the Grand Canyon

8. Rock my grandchildren to sleep

*9. Hold a political office



















10. Meet the guy of my dreams . . . thankfully after tube socks go out of style (my guy is on the right . . . hands off, ladies!)



















11. Earn a Ph.D.

12. Cruise the Panama Canal

13. Visit the Galapagos Islands

*14. Marry my best friend
























*15. Swim with stingrays
















*16. Make out under a waterfall (you'll just have to take my word for it)


















*17. Experience pregnancy (heartburn, weight gain, stretch marks . . . wait, those weren't on my list!)


















*18. Fall asleep to the sound of waves pounding the shore
















19. See the Mayan Ruins

20. Be able to wear a pair of jeans in a size 6 . . . on BOTH my legs!

*21. Ride a dolphin just like they do at Sea-World


*22. Snorkel in the Caribbean






*24. Go scuba diving
(No photographic evidence . . . I somehow lost the underwater camera in between thinking I was drowning and my eardrums almost exploding.)
25. Visit "the world" in Dubai
26. See the Great Rift Valley and go on an African safari
*27. Earn Master's degree
*28. Complete the police academy (the toughest 6 months of my life . . . I'd rather be pregnant with sextuplets than ever run 10 miles again.)
29. Go white water rafting

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My guess is "snorkel the Great Barrier Reef." Right?

Loved the photo of John at the computer camp. I don't think I've seen that one before. :)

Love, Ruth

The Ertel Triplets said...

I might just steal this idea - I love it! You have done some very cool stuff... **feeling a little jealous**

And the snorkeling picture...hilarious! ;)