Sunday, August 31, 2008

I'm Afraid!!


We're going to Cedar Point tomorrow! The big kids (Katie, Justin, John and I plus a few stragglers) are leaving the little kids (Megan and Colin) with the grandparents at Club Firestone (the name we have given to my parents' backyard oasis.) We are going to have so much fun.

I thought I would share with you a shot from the last time I was on a roller coaster. It was our annual "Girls' Weekend - Cooters in the Ozarks '08" (Please don't ask about the name - you just don't want to know, trust me.) We became season pass holders at Silver Dollar City in Missouri and rode roller coasters until we turned green. (ok, they didn't turn green . . . I did.) This picture makes me crack up every time I look at it. Katie looks like she just saw a ghost. My hood is a trip! I felt more secure with it up, as if it could protect me from plunging to my death. That reminds me . . . I never posted pics from our crazy weekend in the mountains several months ago. I'll have to get to that!
I love roller coasters and am a true adrenaline junkie but I'm really terrified of the Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point. Tonight John and I had a conversation about it:
L: I don't think I'm going on the Top Thrill Dragster tomorrow.
J: Really?
L: Seriously, I don't think I meet the height requirement.
J: Whatever, you goof!
L: Well, there are size and weight requirements too. It says you can't ride if you're a size 18.
J: Yeah, with two of you AND the cat in your pants! What is your deal?
L: There is a certain point where my quest for adrenaline meets my fear of early death. The Top Thrill Dragster is that point. I'm not riding it! Besides, it says you shouldn't ride it if you are pregnant or have recently been pregnant.
J: What, you're pregnant??
L: (totally not pregnant) John, I just gave birth two years ago . . . practically yesterday! That ride could damage my cesarean section recovery. I'm just trying to be practical here.
Can anyone think of any other possible reasons I shouldn't ride the Top Thrill Dragster??? Justin isn't convinced by my compelling arguments either and has already started harassing me. The Top Thrill Dragster is too scary, even for this wild woman!
Will I ride??? (no way) Tune in later for (no) photographic evidence.

1 comment:

Kate said...

After 45 minutes of NON-STOP questioning, you did it! I can't say it was worth it. I still hear you saying, "is it faster than PowderKeg" and I'm still annoyed by it!

Best part - the ENTIRE line clapping when Lisa got on the ride. GEESH. SOOOOO funny.