Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ice Ice Baby, Too Cold Too Cold

Have you ever been so cold that you were afraid hell was actually freezing over???


Go to the zoo when it is 24 degrees outside? Sure!

I put on so many clothes on, I was worried if I fell down I'd be stuck there till someone came along and rolled me home.



On the way there, we saw a hitchhiker
holding up a sign with a picture of his thumb.


That's how cold it was.


It was so cold,
we saw some animals throwing themselves
at the electric fence.
That's how cold it was.
II was surpised to see a goatee growing on Colin's chin.
Turns out it was just an icicle of frozen drool.

That's how cold it was.


It was so freakin' cold,
Katie had to use an ice scraper so she
could see out of her glasses.

That's how cold it was.

When we couldn't find the penguins, we asked the
zookeeper where they were.

He told us they went south for the winter.

That's how cold it was.

It was so freakin' cold,
the sheep demanded their wool back.

That's how cold it was.

At the end of the night, we all piled into the car to go home.

Instead of starting it, John yelled "mush."

And that, my friends, is just how cold it was.

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I draw the line at about 40degrees.

Kate said...

It was super freezing. But geesh - complain much? lol. My ears still hurt.

You forgot to mention the polar bears jumped ship too because of the freezing temps...

Kate said...

Oh and I specifically asked you to DELETE that terrible pic of me. Thanks.

Schwartz Family said...

Was it cold outside? LOL

That looks like you guys had fun and I am sure the kids enjoyed it.

I think I need to go the Zoo lights here but it has started snowing this week so I have put it off.

Positively Creative! said...

got your comment.....Gosh NO I am not offended...you are too funny, I know having 5 kids makes me sound really old, but really I am only 33 yrs...really ONLY!!HA! just started young and kept those kids a comin..lol!

Anonymous said...

Depsite the cold weather... it looks like an awesome good time!!

Hmm,I may have to look into this. I need a good freeze once or twice a year. ;)

Spike said...

Thanks for the invite?? What did you guys break at the zoo?