Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I'm So Afraid I'm So Afraid I'm So Afraid

I'm having my wisdom teeth out tomorrow. Just writing that sentence makes every hair on my body stand at attention.

I am terrified. Terrified.

I'm usually pretty tough. Right after my c-section I got out of bed on my own to the astonishment of the nurses. (My child was crying and no one else was in the room. Of course I got out of bed.) I bounced right back and even opened up my incision doing sit ups way too early. (Stupid, I know but my belly looked like marshmallow fluff.)

So, being gutted alive during a c-section doesn't scare me one bit but the dentist . . . now that is a whole other story.

In order to talk myself into my surgery tomorrow, I tried to make a mental list of all the things worse than having my wisdom teeth out.

You know, a little fill in the blank game encouraging me to look on the bright side.

"I'd rather have my wisdom teeth out than ________."

I turned to the internet when I was unable to come up with something terrible enough to fill in the blank. The internet can be so helpful sometimes.



This is called black, hairy tongue. Isn't it the most vile thing you've ever seen??? I forget what causes it. The one thing I know for sure is that I would much rather have my wisdom teeth out than ever have black, hairy tongue.
Wow, thank God for the internet.
I feel so much better now.

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I actually posted about my wisdom teeth some time ago. I need them out too, and I keep putting off the surgery. Scares the crap out of me!

And that tongue is disgusting!!!

Kate said...

Thank goodness you don't have hairy tongue AND have to get your wisdom teeth out.

My fill in the blank would be... I'd rather have my wisdom teeth out than sleep knowing a hairy spider was on the pillow next to me.

Scary thoughts... I'd rather have hairy tongue than hairy spiders. I can keep my mouth closed...

Kate said...

muhahahhaha... it let me vote AGAIN

The Ertel Triplets said...

THAT IS THE MOST DISGUSTING THING I HAVE EVER SEEN! Honestly.

It made me throw up a little in my mouth. Yuck.

The Mike that we both don't know went through the same thing two years ago. He was terrified. And then it was over, just like that, never to be repeated.

All I can say is, it will be over soon! (Not so helpful, huh?)

Good Luck...I will be emotionally feeling your pain tomorrow, I am so sorry!

CoLiE-O said...

that hairy tongue made me vomit.. almost.
getting your wisdom teeth out isnt as bad as you may think. you are going to be fine. it sounds like you bounce back real quick after procedures anyway. hang in there!

Positively Creative! said...

TOTALLY got chills looking at that gross tongue....oohhhhhh!!! I got my wisdom teeth out....and Hey look at the bright side..you'll lose about 5 pounds from not eating much...like I did..heehee!!

Tristan said...

It is usually caused from smokeless tobacco...YUCK!!