Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Let Freedom Ring!

How We Celebrated Election Day 2008

Celebrated?? Heck yeah, we celebrated. We live in America, after all . . .
land of the free, home of the brave.

We bought some balloons and tied them to our yard sign.

Isn't it wonderful we live in a country where we are free to express our
political opinions without fear????

Doesn't it get you totally excited?

I hope to instill in my daughter the love I have for my country.

I took her with me today as I voted for possibly the first woman Vice-President of the United States.

I got chills as I held her and pushed the button marked "McCain/Palin."
What a historic election. What an amazing time to be alive in American history.
Let freedom ring!
(Forgive me, but this is my super-bowl . . . my world series of politics. I love it!)

And I do want to say this . . . Regardless of the outcome of the election, I will teach my daughter to be respectful of the office of the President AND the person holding that office. If Obama wins, we will remain loyal to our country, stand behind our commander-in-chief, and NEVER ever bash him the way some people have done to Bush - even if we disagree with his decisions! I cannot stand to hear celebrities say, "If McCain wins, I'm moving to Canada." I'll help you pack your bags. You should be ashamed to say such a thing!!!!!!! Although we live in a country that allows it, there will be no Obama bashing in this house. Now let's just hope we don't have to worry about that.

And that's all I have to say about that

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Well, the rapper Akon is apparently moving to Africa if McCain wins. I wish him the best of luck there.

The Espersen Family said...

Hello. I found your blog from a comment you made on "A Daily Scoop". I hope you don't think I am creepy or a blog stalker but I totally agree with you on the politics issue and the supporting the pres becuase he is the pres. And your few earlier posts are hilarious! You made my day and made me laugh out loud. :)

Kate said...

If Obama wins, I'm foreclosing.

Mary said...

Hahaha Katie.
Well, it's 9:46 CST and it looks like Obama HAS won.

Lisa, I'm not sure I can support you on this one. I'm about to puke. I am so sad for America, but I guess we'll all get what we deserve....unfortunately, conservatives will go down with the ship.

I agree with you in theory, but Obama in particular, is an exception.

Mike and I are so fearful of a terrorist attack. Obama is a weak link in the fragile chain, and America will be tested. I'm just sick.

Please bear with me, as my confidence in the American people has just been sucker punched right in the gut.

The Ertel Triplets said...

You guys are too cute.

I love how excited you are...you restore my faith in the American people...that we're not all cynics. ;)

I think it's awesome that you are teaching Megan what you are.