Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Congratulations President-Elect Obama

History was made tonight. Regardless of how you feel about Obama - wow, history was made. Even if you were a McCain supporter (like me) some part of you has to feel satisfied with a country that elected an African-American to its highest office.

We've come a long way. It was moving for me to see the people in Chicago crying when Obama was announced the president. (I was crying too, but for other reasons. ha)

I am a staunch Republican. (understatement) I believe in the strict interpretation of the Constitution, limited government, the sanctity of life, the right to bear arms, and the concept of the free market.

But I am an American first. As an American, my new president-elect is Barack Obama. I'm afraid he is too inexperienced to properly defend my country in the face of terrorism. I'm afraid he is going to chip away at the free market concept. I'm afraid of what will happen to the economy if he raises taxes like he has proposed.

I need to put those fears aside and HOPE for the best. Our country is at war. Now is not the time to be divided. Congratulations Obama - you have my support. Please keep us safe. Please don't be so hell bent on change that you CHANGE the safeguards President Bush has put into place that are keeping us SAFE.

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Hey look at me! I'm back!

And it is a historic moment, regardless of who you wanted to win.

This was a very nice post.

Kate said...

i.
love.
mccain.

In my last comment I put that I was foreclosing if he won.. I was just kidding...... I may have to stop shopping - darn taxes...

CoLiE-O said...

i couldnt have said it any better. may god continue to bless this country!

Kristal said...

Hey, I'd love to invite you to my blog. I told Jase that as soon as I got 2 more requests, I'm going private...and I only had about 10 today, so send me your e mail address and you're in!