Thursday, November 13, 2008

Perhaps there are things I just shouldn't know

Ever wonder if anyone is actually reading your blog?

I did . . . so I added this function called Blogpatrol.

Blogpatrol tells me how many hits a day I've gotten, etc.

If someone used a search engine to find my blog, it tells me what search engine they used (ex: google) and what they searched for. (It doesn't tell me who they are, just how they stumbled upon my blog.)

Here are some of my favorites this week -

1. Farm blondes - is someone looking for a date?

2. Breastfeeding a teenager - under what circumstance would that EVER be even close to appropriate? Just knowing someone out there searched for this is keeping me up at night.

3. Doop diggity you got that thang lyrics - why haven't I ever heard of that song? Sounds like lyrics I might want to sing to St. John.

4. How to get my sexy back? - boy have you come to the wrong place sista. (Seriously though, isn't that kinda odd? Like the internet has an answer to that question.

5. home sexy children fat - we definitely have all that here . . . just maybe not in that order.


Oh my! They say you can tell a lot about a person's blog by what keyword searches people use to find it.

If you're reading this, chances are . . . you just one sick individual. I mean that in the nicest possible way of course.

*********************************************************************

If you have blogpatrol, make me feel better. Leave me a comment telling me what keywords have brought people to your blog. Are people weird, or is it my blog that is weird????

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Yeah, I use Statcounter. I had a couple hit, probably by the same person, about losing their virginity to their dad and their younger brother. That was weird.

Brianne said...

Ok, I'm not that sick. Just sick enough to blogstalk you when I don't know you. I found your blog through A Daily Scoop. I stalk your blog because with every post I'm amazed at the things you get accomplished as a stay-at-home mom. You are incredibly talented as a cake designer (I love the Elmo cake and have referred back to that cake several times for ideas for my daughter's birthday cake). I do have a question for you... how did you get involved in the city council? That is something that seems really interesting to me but I'm pretty shy and wouldn't even know where to get started on becoming involved, even in a much smaller capacity than on the city council.

By the way, I follow your blog as anonymous, but I might as well give myself away...

My name is Brianne and I'm a blogstalker.

(I promise I'm not creepy)

(Wait, that sounds even creepier)

Jillene said...

I just found you via Blog Stalkers Unite. What a great blog!! I am going to add you to my blog list!

I am a stay at home mama with LOTS of drama! I have 1 handsome, down to earth son and then I have 2 DIVA, DRAMA QUEEN daughters.

Schwartz Family said...

I dont think I ever did mention how I found your blog, I found it from Tartaz. I just loved your title and now I love every post you have made since. Hope that's not weird!
I am going to have to try to put that on my blog and see if I get any weridos...Thats sorta scary!

Maggie May said...

breastfeeding a teen??!!

hm.

i found you through CJane. and i am a mommy, preschool teacher, organic cooker too:)

CoLiE-O said...

those are weird!

Tristan said...

LOL....Oh my..well, I found your blog off cjane!

Sondra! said...

Ok, I was bored and was browsing blogs (ewww what a stalker) and I LOVED your posts. So funny. The googling thing is hilarious- breastfeeding a teenager- WOW! haha. So, I'm hooked.

Positively Creative! said...

I have sitemeter...and I haven't YET seen anything quite as weird as what you saw....that would make me worry I think just a little...mmm
You found me and I checked you out...who would of thought..!
great blog btway!