Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Why does this keep happening????

A little glimpse into our lives . . .

It's 11 o'clock in the evening. Megan begins yelling from her bedroom, trapped behind the gate . . .

Megan: Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! I need you. I need you, Mommy.

Mommy: Megan, what's the matter?

Megan: Mommy, I need you to hold me in my chair. Will you hold me?

Mommy: (Flattered that she didn't call for daddy.) Yes, I'll hold you.

Megan: Mommy, will you sing to me? Will you sing Sunshine?

Mommy: (Wondering how long she'll be able to hold Megan like this - her belly will be too big soon - sings You Are My Sunshine completely out of tune - Megan doesn't mind.)

Megan: Sing "Twinkle Star" Mommy

Mommy: Twinkle, twinkle little star . . . (you know the words)

Megan: Mommy, sing it again

Mommy: (Realizing now Megan really didn't "need" me, didn't really want to hear me sing . . . she's USING me!) Megan, it is time to get back in your bed now.

Megan: But I'm afraid of the storm. (Only there is NO STORM.)

Mommy: Any time you're afraid, just imagine Mommy's arms giving you a great big hug. Then you won't be afraid any more.

(Great big hug)

Megan: Thanks. I'm not scared anymore.

(Putting Megan back in bed.)

Megan: Mommy, now there's monsters.

************************************************************************************
Why does this keep happening?

Cause I love it when she calls for me.

I love it when she lets me sing to her.

I love it when she lets me "hold her like a baby."

That's why.

(See how savvy I've become in preparation for being a mommy of TWO. I'm answering my own mystifying questions . . . and I didn't even need to call John's mom! Wow.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We take what we can get for as long as we can get it, right? :)

Jillene said...

They know how to play us don't they?! Mine just hop into our bed with us--which makes for a REALLY sore back in the morning.

Kristina P. said...

You are clearly the best mommy ever.

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

Just wait until you have two of them using you. Mine take turns yelling out for hugs. I run back and forth between their beds, giving them hugs, and attempt to run out of the room and close the door before I hear another "Mommy! I want a hug, pwease." Because I just can't refuse a hug, can I?

The High Family said...

I love reading your blog so much, I decided you needed an award.

Thanks for the laughs and reminding me that being a mommy is the best job on earth!

Live...Love...Laugh,

Bobbi

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

Aww...I love mommy I need you moments..even if my kids are scamming me...love this post! Gave me warm fuzzies!