Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Why does this keep happening????

A little glimpse into our lives . . .

It's 11 o'clock in the evening. Megan begins yelling from her bedroom, trapped behind the gate . . .

Megan: Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! I need you. I need you, Mommy.

Mommy: Megan, what's the matter?

Megan: Mommy, I need you to hold me in my chair. Will you hold me?

Mommy: (Flattered that she didn't call for daddy.) Yes, I'll hold you.

Megan: Mommy, will you sing to me? Will you sing Sunshine?

Mommy: (Wondering how long she'll be able to hold Megan like this - her belly will be too big soon - sings You Are My Sunshine completely out of tune - Megan doesn't mind.)

Megan: Sing "Twinkle Star" Mommy

Mommy: Twinkle, twinkle little star . . . (you know the words)

Megan: Mommy, sing it again

Mommy: (Realizing now Megan really didn't "need" me, didn't really want to hear me sing . . . she's USING me!) Megan, it is time to get back in your bed now.

Megan: But I'm afraid of the storm. (Only there is NO STORM.)

Mommy: Any time you're afraid, just imagine Mommy's arms giving you a great big hug. Then you won't be afraid any more.

(Great big hug)

Megan: Thanks. I'm not scared anymore.

(Putting Megan back in bed.)

Megan: Mommy, now there's monsters.

************************************************************************************
Why does this keep happening?

Cause I love it when she calls for me.

I love it when she lets me sing to her.

I love it when she lets me "hold her like a baby."

That's why.

(See how savvy I've become in preparation for being a mommy of TWO. I'm answering my own mystifying questions . . . and I didn't even need to call John's mom! Wow.)

6 comments:

blueviolet said...

We take what we can get for as long as we can get it, right? :)

Jillene said...

They know how to play us don't they?! Mine just hop into our bed with us--which makes for a REALLY sore back in the morning.

Kristina P. said...

You are clearly the best mommy ever.

Stephanie said...

Just wait until you have two of them using you. Mine take turns yelling out for hugs. I run back and forth between their beds, giving them hugs, and attempt to run out of the room and close the door before I hear another "Mommy! I want a hug, pwease." Because I just can't refuse a hug, can I?

The High Family said...

I love reading your blog so much, I decided you needed an award.

Thanks for the laughs and reminding me that being a mommy is the best job on earth!

Live...Love...Laugh,

Bobbi

Bee and Rose said...

Aww...I love mommy I need you moments..even if my kids are scamming me...love this post! Gave me warm fuzzies!