Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Love at First Sight

Here is the first pic of our little bean doing a headstand in my uterus.
Everything looked beautiful, including the little heart beating.
Awe inspiring, amazing . . . I'm already wrapped around his/her itty bitty finger.
(So, with that being said, may I complain a little about my experience at the Downstairs Doc???)
An obnoxiously cute nurse took me to an exam room and told me to undress from the waist down. Thinking I heard her incorrectly, I replied, "Oh, I'm here for an ultrasound. I don't have to take off my clothes." She replied, "Umm, yes you do." (Insert me fighting the urge to strangle that skinny nurse here.) I walked back into the exam room and rolled my eyes at John. "That nurse doesn't know what she is talking about."
Feeling strangely compliant, I removed my clothing from the waist down as she instructed and spent the remaining time before the doctor came in trying to wrap that tiny piece of paper blanket all the way around me . . . impossible . . . and trying to figure out why the heck I had to take off half my clothes off for an ultrasound (while complaining to John that I didn't shave my legs, mentally prepare, etc.) Honestly, what kind of pervert is this doctor????????
Downstairs Doc walked in and said, "So, do you have any questions." I replied, "Uhhh, yeah. Why are half my clothes off?"
I found out that I was having a much different kind of ultrasound than the one I had with Megan. (I'll spare you the details.) I wasn't paying much attention anyway since I was sitting there thinking . . . Uhhh, what did he just say? I'm finding it difficult to concentrate. One of us is half naked. How unfair. How distracting, humiliating, embarrassing.
Downstairs Doc apologized for not preparing me. I apologized for nearly choking his nurse to death.
Then we left with a lovely souvenir photo of our beloved unborn to plaster all over the internet.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing and beautiful. Congratulations!!!

Tonya said...

I am sorry about your traumatizing doctor appointments...been there, done that. (-:

Congrats on your growing addition to your adorable family! Love your blog!

Kate said...

Last time that happened to me, I was in Christmas socks... In October (before Halloween)... darn doctors...

I left you an award on my C.O.O.L blog... come on over and get it...

random thought - would it be inappropriate to bring a blanket to the downthere doc? I'm always so cold waiting with just a piece of paper to cover up with...

Kate said...

Oh and he/she is beautiful... just like her/his aunt kate... I think it has your tail, I mean arms :) lol. ha.ha.ha.

love ya

Beth said...

This post brings back oh so many embarassing memories from when this happened to me....
Found you blog on your sisters.
Beth

The Ertel Triplets said...

Ugh. The trans-vaginal.

I am way too familiar with that one after the triplets. Not fun. Not fun at all.

I bet a man invented THAT one!

You've got a cutie there! I think it's a boy. ;)

OhioFamOf4 said...

I've never heard of anyone NOT undressing from the waist down for the first ultrasound. I'm shocked that you didn't have to with Megan.

Kristina P. said...

He/she looks just like you.

Jillene said...

REALLY?! A down there ultrasound?! I never had the plesure.

The High Family said...

ahhh the dreaded "internal ultrasound"...yes, I remember those with Kara's pregnancy! Yes, I just said "those" meaning more than one! I always got a kick out of the condom covers though!

That baby is already BEAUTIFUL! What a great picture...I am super jealous because we never got a nice one the entire pregnancy..even with the many internal u/s. :(

Melissa said...

Oh yes, I was not prepared for the dildo-cam either! They did not have those when i had my first 2 kids! I was ill prepared and pissed off!!! Congrats on the healthy baby!

Schwartz Family said...

Aww, The baby looks just like you! lol

I have never heard of an internal ultra sound! I hope I never have to do that, it does not sound pleasant.

Mary said...

Oh My God. Dildo-cam is the BEST description EVER. Had 3 of those....going for another in 3 weeks. Tons of FUN.

Your little peanut looks like a boy. :)

Hccm said...

Oh yes, the internal ultrasound. I found that out too. They told me I had to get one because I was under 9 weeks.

Wasn't it fun?

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

Anonymous said...

I know, they don't prepare you for your first ultrasound by saying "By the way, I'm totally going to stick this 3 foot long stick into your lady parts and it won't be pretty."