Thursday, January 22, 2009

What's Cookin' Wednesday - Thursday Edition

I know, it is Thursday. Who really cares?

You also can't make this recipe for dinner. Sorry.

I'm including it because I've been craving milk milk milk milk milk - which is a problem since I HATE MILK. (terrible, I know but I can't help it.)

I found this recipe, which counts as 2 milk servings. Very helpful when you're growing a whole other person's skeleton. It is so yummy. I love love love love love it.

Double - the - Milk Shake
1 cup fat-free milk
1/3 cup nonfat dry milk
1 frozen ripe banana, cut into chunks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Dash of ground cinnamon (optional)
Note: Freeze a ripe banana, peeled and wrapped in plastic, 12 to 24 hours before making this shake.
Place all ingredients in a blender and puree. Serve immediately.
Berry variation: Add 1 1/2 cups berries, and 1 tablespoon frozen apple juice concentrate before blending. (adds another fruit serving)
1 shake = 2 calcium servings, 2/3 protein serving, 1 fruit serving
Now shake your booty with me . . .

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I love bananas and I love milkshakes, so this would be delicious!

Jillene said...

YUM!! I love shakes. My hubby makes one with low-fat vanilla ice cream, bananas and ovlatine. At first I thought YUCK but then I tasted and YUM!!

Melissa said...

Your milkshake will bring all the boys to the yard!! LOL

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

This will be my yummy Friday treat! Sounds delish!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

I think I love you for posting this milkshake recipe. Not only will it ensure that my kids are getting the diary servings they need, but it will also serve as a "meal on the run" for me...something that I am usually in desperate need of.

i.
love.
your blog.

Let's make it official and add us as another one of your followers, shall we? :)

-Francesca