Friday, January 9, 2009

Who Am I To Question???

When I found out I was pregnant (even though I was hoping the test would say "yes") I couldn't believe it. I didn't "feel" pregnant. We had just decided to try for another baby and bam - pregnant. (Inside my head I was thinking. . . This couldn't be. I heard it takes a long time for the second baby. This can't be right.) I needed time to mentally prepare or something. So I did what any rational person would do . . . I took another test. Positive.

Still not convinced.

Took another.

Yep, still positive. I wanted to go buy another test but John stopped me.

When I went to the doctor's for the first time, I couldn't believe it when they didn't test me for pregnancy. The nurse said, "Honey, with three positive home pregnancy tests, I'd say you're pretty darn pregnant."

So, needless to say, I have a few used pregnancy tests laying around the house. I keep them, rechecking to make sure they still say positive. Weird, I know, but that's me. I guess it just feels "too good to be true."

Being pregnant makes my heart feel so sappy. I feel so blessed, so amazingly lucky to have the privilege of becoming a mother AGAIN, so stunned that God trusts me enough to give me yet another child to raise. I honestly feel like a walking miracle. (When John gets lippy with me, I tell him, "Have some respect. I'm a walking miracle.") Seriously, having a whole person develop inside of you IS a miracle. I told you pregnancy makes me sappy.

So the other day I heard Megan saying, "Wow, new lipstick! How does it look Mommy?" Weird, since she was nowhere near where I keep my lipstick. (Side note: I have one child. Why do I find it so hard to keep track of her in this house?)

Then I found her . . . holding one of my (used) pregnancy tests, cap off, and rubbing the side with the pee stick all over her lips. Oh, how gross!!!!!!! Poor little girl had no idea that was MOST CERTAINLY NOT LIPSTICK!

Dear God,
Are you sure I'm ready for two????? Really, who am I to question your judgement but seriously . . . have you thought this one all the way through???

Sincerely,
Lisa

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Hahahaha! That is too funny. I'm sure your next kid will be fine. Or a serial killer. Whatever.

The High Family said...

OH.MY.GOD!

I almost peed my pants reading this story! YUCKY!

I am not going to lie...it is definitely harder with two in the beginning...especially if you decide to nurse the baby. Oh the things I could tell you that Ryan did those first few months after Kara's birth. *sigh* I didn't think I was going to survive...

Just keep metally preparing yourself now. I think you will do great...you are already an awesome mommy! :)

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

Congrats on your pregnancy....I hope everything goes smoothly and wonderfully. And yes...you are ready for another one. At least you are as ready as any of us were....because some things you just cant imagine until you are in that situation. God Bless!

Schwartz Family said...

I would probably get rid of the used pregnancy tests and just believe that you are in fact a walking miracle and a wonderful mom!

my stay-at-home-momma drama said...

You all say the sweetest things! I'm lucky to have you.

Jillene said...

Hahahahaha!! That is so funny yet so gross!! My 3 year old would have done the EXACT same thing!!

This, however, does not mean that you are not ready for another child. You are ready and when the time comes and the baby is here you will find that while it is harder it is SO worth it!!

Kate said...

THROW.THEM.OUT

(who am I to talk....)

Kim said...

now THIS is funny! Congratulations!!!!

Alyssa said...

LMAO!