Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Nasty Diaper Interrupts History

Dear President Obama,

I saw you make history today and I must say, I got a little teary eyed as I saw you take your oath of office. (It was either the gravity of the moment or the nasty smell emitted from Megan's behind when she walked past me with a diaper almost as full as Washington, D.C. was today.) As I changed her stinkin' nastiness, I heard you give your moving speech. Honestly, I hope you truly meant what you said. I hope our future is as full of promise as you predicted. I hope you're not as full of crap as Megan's diaper was.

Signed,

A Skeptical Republican Who Wants to Hope Too

10 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Good for you! And Megan. I'm sure she was very proud.

Cheryle said...

You are too funny, girl. I hope that wasn't a sign from God about what the next four years will be like. ;)

You are starting to sound like politics-skeptical me!

Anonymous said...

Very well put! :)

Anonymous said...

Well said. I think that if we all hope and pray together than our prayers will be answered.

I had a stinky to change right before the speach too. My Great-Nephew is over today.

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

HaHaHaHa!!! Well said! Bravo! My "scentiments" exactly!

Megan said...

Oh Nice Job Megan!

Gotta keep you on your toes mom!

Happy Tuesday!

Spike said...

Crap

The High Family said...

Though I don't share your same thoughts because I voted for our new president and have high hopes that our nation will get back on their feet...

I did however find this story hilarious!!!

Hope your little one gets potty trained before your new bean arrives...it's so not fun doing double diaper duty. I am sooo over it!

Sondra! said...

I am SOO glad I wasn't drinking my sweet tea when I read this or I know I would have laughed it out of my nose!!! Too funny. In 10 years when you are doing the "I remember when" thing this will be great.

Christina! said...

baha! I don't think I've heard a comparison of the inauguration quite like this before!