Friday, September 19, 2008

We're Off to the Mayan Riviera

Well, not yet exactly. Our plane takes off tomorrow morning and then we'll be off.

I'm going to miss Megan so badly I get tears in my eyes every time I think about not seeing her for a week. Every morning her beautiful brown eyes are the first thing I see when I open my eyes. She stands next to my bed and says, "Mommy, the sun came up! Wake up mommy. I want "breakist." Wanna make "panpakes?" Since I'm not a morning person, John usually goes off to work before I am even awake and sweet Megan is my wake up call.

For the next week, John's beautiful brown eyes will be the first thing I see every morning. While I really hate to leave Megan, I realize having a full week to devote only to each other is great for our marriage and subsequently good for Megan. It reminds me of the advice flight attendants give - "Put on your own oxygen mask before assisting anyone else." This week TOGETHER is our oxygen mask - taking care of "us" first. We see it as an investment in our marriage rather than just a vacation. Reminding myself of that will help me pry myself away from my sleeping baby tomorrow morning and say good bye for a week.

Mom and Dad K. are here to hold down the fort. I told Mom K. she would get bonus points if Megan was fully potty trained when I return. ha, ha

I'll post some pics when we return. I'll miss all of you . . . and if you see my brown-eyed girl, give her a big hug from me.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Oh my gosh, I forgot you were leaving for vacation....have FUN!!! Yeah, no hurricanes!