Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fabric Pumpkins

My sister, my mom, and I got together to sew these fabric pumpkins. I love craft projects but this one was a little more difficult than I anticipated.

Lessons learned:

1. Don't go to the fabric store with my mother if you're hungry . . . it's gonna be a while, and there is just nothing you can do about it.

2. I'm very talented in many areas, but sewing is just not one of them.

3. I've accomplished many things in my life yet I am still unable to make a fabric pumpkin in less than 4 tries and without the use of foul language.

4. Making fabric pumpkins with my mom and sister is a great way to waste an evening :)

5. Sewing machines are complicated pieces of machinery. Operating them takes patience, skill, and a bachelor's degree in rocket science . . . none of which I possess.

They ended up turning out ok. Two of them ended up in the garbage because they didn't even remotely look like pumpkins, and my mom re-sewed the brown one for me. Yikes!

Hysterical quote of the evening:

Mom: "Didn't you girls take home ec. in high school?"

I'm not sure what gave her the impression we didn't . . .

2 comments:

OhioFamOf4 said...

So does this mean you aren't going to be able to come teach me how to thread my sewing machine?

You totally stole the background I put on my blog last night! :0)

Kate said...

Mom did say I have "it" when it comes to sewing.

Finish my pumpkin(s). I stopped at mom's to pick my one pumpkin up to finish it and she walked in as I was coming up with the stolen good... It was pretty funny!

My next good idea for girl time - eating. Let's just go to dinner!!!!