Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Favorite Pic of the Summer

Can it really be September already? Just last week, it was so HOT here . . . in the upper 90s and it felt sweltering. Today was the first day in a while that I could feel fall coming. It was about 72 but it felt freezing, comparatively speaking.

I love fall but I'll really miss the summer and all the wonderful things that go along with it - teaching Megan to ride a tricycle, watching her stuff her face with ripe (and not so ripe) tomatoes from the garden, taking walks around the neighborhood with frequent stops to examine the ants and anything else crawling around, finding grasshoppers in the backyard, learning to swim with floaties on her arms at GG's pool, yelling "Look Dadda! I'm doing it!" Sweet memories.


My sister took this picture of Megan, fresh from a swim in GG's pool.
I just love it!

2 comments:

Kate said...

She is so cute! I just love her... My favorite things about Megan:
* calling me Aunt Key
* how she hugs Colin when she walks in my casa
* how she immediately beelines for my fridge - just like her mama
* her curly q's
* when Colin beats her up and she runs in my arms and sqeezes me
* how she says "yea" shaking her head
* she is always the first to the table for meals and yells for Cowie
* how she stands on a chair while I'm making her food because she has to watch
* her sweet,sweet personality
* her love for binky dog and food

Mary said...

I love that picture. Katie did a great job of capturing Megan's eyes!

Oh, and I got Ava's dress from Carter's.