Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Cabin Fun

We spent last weekend at our cabin in the


I love it here.

Since John had to finish some contract website work before he starts his new job, he stayed home while Katie and I drove together with the kids.


We took walks with Grandpa . . .



rode the John Deere (Megan was too afraid) . . .


played in the rocks for hours and hours . . .





and even had a little . . .


Megan roasted and ate about 10 marshmallows in 5 minutes.


She really likes marshmallows.


A lot.


Once she was told she couldn't have any more, she promptly lost interest in the whole fire thing and walked through the darkness back to the cabin because it was "too cold" outside.

On the way home (which happened to be right at nap time),

the kids fought like they were siblings.

Colin wanted to watch some machinery DVD, Megan wanted (who else) DORA!

Imagine 5 hours of this . . .


Sorry about the sideways view . . . couldn't figure out how to fix it.

I love trips to NY! Next time, I'm just packing some earplugs for the car.

Either that or some boxing gloves for Megan. ha, ha

Colin is such a bully! Can you imagine, he talked to her in the car!!!!! I don't blame her a bit for whining and complaining about it for hours. :)

4 comments:

The Daily Dean Chronicals said...

Your Megan is just like my Kenzie! Enjoyed the cabin and camping until the treats were done! (Or when I said they were done!) Then off to the camper! Many excuses! You are brave woman! Only a Mom could do that trip!

The High Family said...

LOL

Thanks for the laugh...I totally needed this after the day I had with my two.

But now I am a little nervous that car trips in the near future with them will involve this fate. :(

LOVED Megan's marshmellow face!

Glad you had a good time!!

Trail In Progress said...

Hey, I found your blog and wanted to say hi. I grew up in upstate NY, and your pictures could have been taken in my old backyard! Thanks for sharing them. I'm happy you enjoyed your weekend.

Kate said...

He was watching Mighty Machines from Mokey... He loves that dvd and ONLY watches it on road trips.

As if I wanted to hear that AGAIN! Thanks for not posting the video of McDonald's.... you are lucky :)

Thanks for riding w/ us - we had oh so much fun - next time, let's leave at 8PM so the kids sleep...