Thursday, April 9, 2009

Where's a Boy Scout When You Need One?

Today I watched my sister's son Colin for a few hours.
It was a nice day so I suggested walking to the neighborhood lake to feed the ducks.
Since Megan and Colin couldn't agree on whom should carry the bread, they each got a baggie with two slices of bread.
The first lake = no ducks
The second lake = two ducks that promptly flew away as soon as they saw us
*disappointing*
Colin, still holding his baggie of bread, looked at me and said, "Can we eat this bread now?"
How funny.
Megan, not wanting to be left out, began eating her bread as well.
Several steps later (while still at the lake), Colin handed me his second slice of bread and said,
"Can you please put some jelly on this for me?"
Gosh, I love that kid.
(Sure Colin, I happen to have some jelly right here in my pocket . . . I packed it just in case there were no ducks at the lake, you decided to eat the bread yourself, and felt it would taste better with some jelly!
Only a boy scout would be that prepared.

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

They are both very adorable children. Your family has good genes.

Kate said...

I love him too!!! He had a great time :) Thanks for watching him....

Missy said...

That is being prepared!