Thursday, April 16, 2009

Happy Birthday St. John


Today is my favorite day of the year.
It is my St. John's birthday!
The sun is shining, the air smells like spring, and the birds are singing. (seriously)
Per John's request, his birthday meal shall be:
1. Ribeye steak on the grill
2. Mushroom sauteed in white wine and butter
3. Baked potatoes
4. Vegetable (I chose steamed asparagus drowned in butter)
And for dessert:
Homemade German chocolate cake with coconut/pecan icing
John also reminded me of one important thing . . .
Today is the one day of the year I can't use the excuse
"It ain't your birthday!"
Oh boy!

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

That sounds like the perfect birthday meal!

Amanda - The Mom Job said...

Oohhh... the mushrooms in white wine and butter!! Yummers.


I will not judge if you hit the wine once while cooking... not even a tiny bit ;-)

The High Family said...

Oh boy is right! Isn't that kind of talk what got you into your current state? Men. They are always requesting that one thing... You don't see us gals requesting that on our birthdays, right?!

Happy Birthday St. John...hope it's a good one!

ps- It IS beautiful out today!

my stay-at-home-momma drama said...

What, a backrub? That's what I was talking about :)

Green Mountain Living said...

Awwwl your too good to him...well okay it is his birthday. Happy Birthday St. John!! His gift is he has a lovely wife he shouldn't need anything else.