Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What's Cookin' Wednesday

What do you get when you combine loads of tasty vegetables, chicken, lean beef, a delicious homemade marinade and a hunk of a man to grill it for you???

Shish-KebobsYum Yum Yum

For these, I used a red pepper, a green pepper, container of whole mushrooms, a yellow squash, a zucchini, an onion, a chicken breast and about 12 ounces of lean beef.

Marinade
1 1/2 cups oil (I used extra virgin olive oil)
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp. dry mustard (didn't have any so I squirted regular mustard in there)
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 clove garlic (I used minced)
2 tsp. parsley flakes (I used fresh from the garden)
1 tbsp. ground pepper


Soak your veggies and meat for 3-4 hours or more in a giant bowl. (It doesn't have to be blue, but if you're jealous of my classy bowl you can pick one up for $1.99 at your local Walmart.)

Once they are done soaking, place your meat and veggies on skewers.

Wrap them tightly in aluminum foil and place on the grill for 10-15 minutes to steam them.

Take them out of the aluminum foil and continue grilling "until they seem done." (John's words)

If you're really lucky, you have a hunk of burning love to grill them for you. I can't decide what looks more delicious, St. John or the kebobs. Total toss up.

Watching him cook for me makes me sing him a song. I guess you could call it "our song." I've put it on the blog before. They simply don't write romantic songs like this anymore folks.

Let me take a moment to dedicate some of my favorite lyrics to my favorite guy in the world . . .

"Ummm, youre packed and you're stacked specially in the back. Brother, wanna thank your mother for a butt like that. Can I get some fries with that shake-shake boobie? If looks could kill you would be an uzi"

I love my St. John so much. Like so much, if I were a shish I'd want him to be my kebob. Now that's love!

No comments: