Friday, April 16, 2010

A Poopy, Wonderful Day

Dear St. John,

I wish I had more time to write about how awesome you are and how much I love your birthday. Here's kinda how my day has gone so far . . .

This morning as you were leaving for work, I was sharing a nuzzle with Brendan and feeling grateful that you go out into the world everyday so I can stay home. Just when the warm fuzzies were setting in, Brendan leaned in for what I thought was a kiss. Turns out he felt like belching and then followed that up with some spit up . . . right on my lips and chin. Then he pooped all over his diaper and his pajamas and his changing table and later in the morning I even found some on MY pajamas.

Then I remembered I had a doctor's appointment and had to jump in the shower to get ready. Good thing, too, cause I may or may not have been still wearing some of Brendan's poopy. I stepped out of the shower to find our naked daughter dragging my suitcase (which still isn't unpacked from last weekend's trip to Chicago). She said, "Mommy, I'm so sorry I got poop in your suitcase. I hope there is a way we can clean that out of there." What? Turns out she pooped on the potty while I was in the shower and neglected to wipe herself. Then she sat in the suitcase to play rocket ship and voila . . . poop in the suitcase. Fantastic.

Just a little later I took the dog out on her leach and she started chasing a stupid cat . . . thus dragging me across the yard and well, yep, right into a pile of poop. Seriously. That dog honestly hates me and I think she did it on purpose. Regardless, I've had quite a bit of poo poo to deal with this morning . . . all before 10 am.

I'd love to do a post about how wonderful you are when I'm not elbow deep in someone else's excrement. Have a wonderful birthday :)

Your loving wife,
Lisa

P.S. I promise I washed my hands before I made your favorite birthday dinner - spinach/feta/sun-dried tomato stuffed chicken breasts (which, by the way, is slow cooking in the crockpot.) Oh yeah, and your lemon crumb cake filled with homemade lemon cream is also prepared and waiting for you. I don't let a little poop slow me down.

P.S.S. I'm totally in love with you and can't imagine my life any other way. (a little less poop would be nice though)

1 comment:

Ruth Dunkman said...

Lisa, you have such a gift with words! I love your posts (sneaking in to read them while I'm at work... sshhh!). Love you!