Wednesday, March 3, 2010

God Blessed Texas


My toenails are polished, my mustache/unibrow are gone thanks to some carefully placed Nair (shhh, don't tell anyone my little secret), and my bags are almost packed. If I get any more excited I'm going to jump out of my skin.
It is almost time for Girls' Weekend '10 -
Cooters in the Wild West
I've spent most of the last week holed up in my craft room, scrappin' my little heart out to finish up the pages from our last girls' weekend . . . times 4 . . . one for each of us.
Holy moly.
But, you know, what good is ridiculous fun if someone isn't going to document it for all posterity?
Tomorrow, I'll hop on a plane with my sister Katie to fly off to the Lonestar State to meet up with my cousins Sara and Mary. Please don't think for a second I won't be hoping this hunk-a-burnin' love is our pilot.
Hubba hubba.
Although I hear he has quit his day job. Yuck.
This weekend will include all of our favorite things . . .
good music, good food, shopping, a hotel with room service, dancing, sleeping through the night, a roller coaster ride . . .

(This is from our trip to the Ozarks. We are totally enjoying ourselves in case the looks on our faces lead you to believe otherwise.)

We might even check out a rodeo while in Texas.

Oh boy, I see a mechanical bull in my future!

I'll tell you all about it when I get back.

Until then, I leave you with a little ditty I can't stop singing.

'Cause God blessed Texas with His own hand Brought down angels from the promised land Gave 'em a place where they could dance If you wanna see heaven brother here's your chance I've been sent to spread the message God blessed Texas

1 comment:

Kate said...

Jakey was a pilot for delta connection flights.. We are on a delta connection to his place of residence! Darn quitter. Maybe we will see his evil fiance, Vermon!