Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Weight Watcher Wednesday

Aw c'mon, it was Thanksgiving.
I had two of them, even if I haven't gotten around to posting pictures yet.
I have a personal rule.
I don't diet on Thanksgiving.
Ever.

It is the one holiday that is really all about the eating.
Can't I have one holiday a year? Or in this case, two?
A couple years ago when I said that in a Weight Watcher meeting,
the teacher asked me to stay after class to speak with me about discouraging others.
I'm not kidding.

So anyway, Thanksgiving is over.
I didn't gain any weight last week but I didn't lose any either.
That is between me and my big, fat bum.
And I guess you too since I've chosen to share this very private battle with you.

One of the most important weight loss lessons I've learned . . .
If you screw up, stop watching what you eat, have a weak moment, a weak week, whatever -
DON'T WALK OFF THE BATTLEFIELD.
If you are still worrying about it, still talking about it, still weighing yourself,
you are still on the battlefield.
Don't wait for Monday to start your plan again. Don't wait for a fresh new day.
Calories don't care about Mondays and they don't know what day it is.
START AGAIN RIGHT NOW.

I love food.
I've lost a ton of weight before.
If I can do this, anyone can.

How about some new recipes to try this week?
I love recipes that don't taste like Weight Watcher recipes.
Recipes you can feed your husband and he won't complain.

Speaking of my husband, I want to tell you about him.
He doesn't have a weight problem. Never has.
He doesn't eat when he's not hungry. Weird.

When we first started dating, I asked him if he wanted a cookie. He replied that he wasn't hungry. My reply: "What the hell does hungry have to do with eating a cookie?"
A guess there is a lesson here. Don't eat when you're not hungry. Novel idea.

So here's a recipe folks. Eat it only when hungry :)

Taco Soup
Makes 12 (1) cup servings

Ingredients:1 lb. ground turkey (or lean ground beef )1 large onion, chopped 1 pkg. Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix1 pkg. Taco Seasoning mix1 can Pinto Beans1 can Chile Hot Beans1 can whole kernel corn1 can stewed tomatoes (Mexican flavor)1 can stewed tomatoes (any flavor)Brown meat and onions, drain. Mix Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix and taco seasoning mix into meat. Then, without draining, add all of the other ingredients. Simmer 1 hour. If you can find the reduced sodium taco seasoning and the reduced sodium Hidden Valley it is very helpful because of the high sodium count in both the seasonings and the chili hot beans


And don't forget to dance while you cook to burn a few extra calories.

C'mon, close your eyes and pretend you're a bad ass.

Pretend you live in Compton.

You're tough. You're rough. You're packing some heat on your ample hips.

You can win this battle with your thighs. Yes you can!



Push yourself to work harder than you thought you could.

Shake it while you open those cans.

Shake it shake it baby.

2 comments:

Ruth Dunkman said...

That's kind of creepy that the Weight Watchers person wanted you to censor your words instead of being honest about "Hey, it's Thanksgiving--lighten up!" Only happy talk allowed?

Sounds like you're feeling a bit better today--so glad!

Tara Rasche said...

I just stumbled across your blog today, and I immediately felt a "connection." :0) From the scrapbook room (my obsession), to making cakes (I try), to putting a child down to nap (I am mom of 3 girls-including twins....talk about a napping challenge), and weight watchers (5 years ago I lost 48lbs and have kept it off) I can totally relate. Keep up the great work! ~Tara Rasche