Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Weight Watcher Wednesday

As promised, I'm back - one week later - to tell you how
I did this week with my diet plans.

Just in case you missed my
ROCKBOTTOM IS WHEN YOU DO A BLOG POST
ABOUT HOW FAT YOU ARE post,
check it out here.

Now, back to my week.
I did step aerobics on Wednesday (part of it while holding my 18 pound baby) - desperation.
Then I woke up Thursday with a terrible cold, cough, headache, etc.
Doesn't it always seem that there is something lurking around every weight loss corner just waiting to derail your efforts?? You know . . . illness, Thanksgiving. Ahh!

Well, despite my cold I still managed to have a pretty good week.
I counted my points every day and tried some new menu items.
I chose to focus on getting rid of my cold and will exercise again when I stop drinking
Thera-Flu like it is Kool-Aid.

My results . . .
OMG, you guys, it totally worked!
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!
Whatever!

I lost one measly pound. Yep, one pound!
But it was a monumental pound.
It was the pound that "broke a ten."
You know, the pound that makes the scale read 119 instead of 120.
(I, of course, used those numbers just for illustration sake. You can stop laughing now.)
"Breaking a ten" is always a mental victory - a small goal on the long road of weight loss.
Since I started counting Weight Watcher points, I've lost 7 total pounds. Every one adds up.

We're about to face Thanksgiving.
Before throwing your face into the mashed potatoes, just ask yourself . . .
"Does this taste as good as being thin feels?"
Tomorrow, your answer just might be yes. (Mine might be.)
Just let Thanksgiving be the only day you answer yes to that question :)
Check back next week for more of my results.
In the meantime, check out this site.
Scroll down and look on the right.
This site has a comprehensive list of restaurants and the point values of their foods.
Very surprising!
Guess who won't be drinking venti White Chocolate Mochas from Starbucks anymore.
But guess who will be enjoying a lot more Mongolian Chicken from Pei Wei!

Now, my weight loss buddies, tell me how you did.

And have a happy, safe Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Jayne said...

Congratulations on your one pound! It's a start! Me, on the other hand, I lost nada, because I forgot that I said I was in the game. I am so glad that you checked in today and reminded me!

Sara said...

Hey Lisa..at least you lost a pound! Good for you. Today I broke down and spent $59.99 on Alli...a friend of mine lost a lot of weight using it. I'm afraid to even LOOK at anything with fat in it for fear I might fart a big oily mess into my pants:) If that isn't motivation, I don't know what is!

Green Mountain Living said...

I did terrible:( Thanksgiving turkey was my downfall all I needed was that a couple of side dishes and a fork:( I'm starting a new week with optimism and I am going to make low fat recipes for the week but I need to excercise and don't know what to do. Hmmmm, I'm digging out my Jane Fonda tape and giving that a try? Have you made any good low calorie recipes you could share?