Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Walk on the Wild Side

This morning as I was feeding Megan whole grain, organic oatmeal with flaxseed, I started wondering if I was depriving her of the really fun things in life. You know, the "fun with wild abandon" that I used to be famous for. Seriously, a few short years ago my life was literally an episode of Cops - complete with high speed car chases, drug busts, stake outs, etc. I used to call it "fighting crime and suppressing evil." It was fun - a crazy kind of fun that makes your heart pound and your mouth dry. It was the kind of fun only a true adrenaline junkie could ever understand. I was young - I was reckless- I was daring and brave. Now here I am watching Good Morning America in my jammies wondering if the tree bark I'm feeding Megan has too much sugar in it. WHOA! Wake up call needed here, and fast! There must be some kind of middle ground between the crime fighter I used to be and the scrapbooking, Weight Watcher member I've turned into.

Soooooo, after breakfast I threw Megan in the car (you know, the one with 108 airbags and the dynamic crash prevention system) and we went in search of some real fun.

We swung higher than ever before,


rode wild beasts,

....... kissed a few strangers,



played a few games of peek-a-boo

and, GASP, ate french fries and chicken nuggets for the first time!



While we were driving home from our "wild, girl's day out" I looked at Maggie Moo sleeping in the back seat. Yes, my life is very different now but I really wouldn't have it any other way. The "White Castle at 3 o'clock in the morning" me has been replaced by the "organic, whole grain oatmeal with flaxseed" me. I didn't plan it........it just happened. I became a mom, and I love every minute of it.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a hoot, my dear sister! A crime scene stakeout = eating french fries! :) Ruth

Anonymous said...

But White Castle at 3am is so good...



(Okay, it's kind of weird signing a blog after my mom. But I'm done with programming early and it's raining outside)