Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Weight Watcher Wednesday - Killer Cardio and Chicken Marsala

Update - I'm down 10 total pounds.
Disappointed with that meager number, I've just started a new workout challenge.
(Other than dancing in my family room, recording it, and putting it on the internet.)
I am so excited about this exercise video I'm telling everyone I know about it.

I don't even watch the Biggest Loser.

I tuned it for a show or two and got so turned off with how mean Jillian was to those poor people that I stopped watching. Her brand of motivation just seemed like humiliation and exploitation to me. But anyway, I bought this tape because there were not a whole lot of other options at the store. Boy was I surprised!

Seriously, I'm no wimp. I made it through the police academy and used to be able to do 105 push ups. And I stress "used to be able."

This workout was HARD CORE.

The tape is six week progression, with weeks 1-2 consisting of 5 minutes of warm up, 20 minutes of cardio, and 5 minutes of cool down. In later weeks, more cardio is added in 10 minute increments.


I did the first workout and was completely amazed. In 20 minutes, this tape accomplished more than 60+ minutes of step aerobics. I could feel it the next day in places I didn't even know I had. This tape even works you harder than Turbo Jam and step aerobics combined. Whoa.

Hard, but in a good way. Hard in a I-feel-amazing-when-I'm-done kind of way. Hard, like in-a-few-weeks-you're-gonna-be-able-to-bounce-a-quarter-off-my-butt kind of way.

You know, like Kim Kardashian's butt.

She's my butt idol. Do you have a butt idol? If not, you should get one. Butt idols are fun.

But anyway, back to the workout tape.
It is only 30 minutes. C'mon, if you've been through childbirth, you can certainly make it through 30 minutes of this. Give it a try. You won't be sorry, I promise you that.

Now, how about for a delicious recipe???

Chicken Marsala

Calories 224, Fat 4.2 g, Fiber 0.9 g


4 5-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breasts

1/4 cup flour

1 tsp oregano

black pepper

1 tbsp olive oil

2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms

2 tbsp chopped parsley

3/4 cup marsala wine

Pound chicken breasts to a 1/4 inch thickness between two sheets of plastic wrap. Combine flour, oregano, and black pepper on a plate or in a bowl. Dredge chicken breasts and set aside. Heat oil on medium heat in a large skillet. Saute mushrooms until softened, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.

In the same skillet, cook chicken breasts for 6 minutes, turning once half way through. Remove and keep warm. Return mushrooms to skillet, add parsley and marsala wine. Reduce liquid by about half. Return chicken to skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes more.

Serve with seasonal vegetables and a whole lotta rump shakin'.

For your dancing pleasure today, it is an oldie but a goodie.

C'mon now, let me see your tootsie roll.


3 comments:

Jillene said...

Looks like I need to try this video. I am sure I can handle 30 minutes. Crap--I had one childbirth that was 12-1/2 hours and one that was 13-1/2 hours. I think I can manage.

Melissa said...

Funny Story about the tootsie roll, i did it to induce labor! And it worked!! My butt Idol is Jessica Biel. Amazing booty! Cant wait to see your progress, and try that recipe. Im having a hard time finding good WW recipes!

Laura Shivers said...

I am going to think about that butt idol thing. But I keep thinking about Adam Lambert - that's probably not the right type for me though. Marty has a cute butt. HMMMM Girl butts. I will keep you posted.....