Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My Cake Workshop

A while back, after answering the fifty-thousandth email I had received from a friend/neighbor/acquaintance/sister of a brother's-uncle's-mother-that-I-went-to-high-school-with with a cake question, I decided to have a cake workshop. I figured it would be totally fun and much faster than answering fifty-thousand cake question emails.

I created a little website for my venture and decided to use the cabin in NY to host the event. I thought I would be lucky if one or two people actually signed up and was shocked when I had to sell out the workshop just days after I opened the registration.

Our cake extravaganza was this past weekend.
We had so much fun!





Let's play a little game.
Remember the song . . .
"One of these things is not like the others.
One of these things just doesn't belong."

Yeah, that would be my dad who showed up at my fancy, girly cake workshop dressed in his deer slayer clothes hoping to grab some quick lunch. (The only thing missing from this picture is the giant bow and arrow he was carrying.)
I guess you are never too old to be humiliated by your family.

I moved past my embarrassment and created this simple, little Christmas themed cake.



Everyone left with a ton of new skills and a cake they decorated themselves using my techniques.
I honestly can't wait to do it again,
only this time perhaps without the deer slayer as our special guest star!

1 comment:

Missy said...

These Cakes are so Great!
This is a fantastic idea!

I love the photo of your dad.
My whole family is camoed out...